2000 Regal GS - High beams only, lows no worky

Nick07

So I bought a 00 GS last night.... Cheap, nice car overall, minimal problems believe it or not. Anywho, ran to the parts store for some trans fluid today. Put it in, shut the hood, then noticed only my parking lights were on (car was running). Checked the switch and tried pulling it out to have the lights on manually, no difference. Checked all the fuses, grounds, etc. Hight beams work fine, fog lights work, parking lights work, blinkers/flashers work, brake lights work. The low beams just decided to stop working. I know I'm not the only person that's had this problem, but I can't seem to find a fix for it or even find out what actually went wrong. No sure if it's in the DRL circuit or in the multifunction switch or what. Any ideas what it could be? Yes I checked the bulbs, they're good

Yup. More than likely the dimmer switch. I had this trouble when I got my Century. The garage I bought it from replaced it, and it's been perfect since.

Didn't get a chance to change the multifinction switch today but I was curious if replacing this is also going to solve the problem of my blinkers canceling out the cruise. I would assume so, but I wanted to check on that as well in case it was something else causing that problem

Yeah it's the first time I've run into that as well. If I'm rolling down the insterstate with the cruise set and use either blinker to switch lanes it shuts the cruise off. Just hoping I can find a good used one because I'm not about to pay $300 for a new one