Opinions on this?

Mel87

I am sure this has been said before, did a search but didn't find anything. I might have a contact that would be able to make tinted plexi-glass headlight covers for my car. Always wanted to know what it would look like so I did a quick PS on it.

Now if I were to get these I would most likely tint the turn signals. But what do you think about covers like this?

IMG_0772.jpg

Half the world wants brighter/blue-er headlights, the other half wants dark covers over them.

Why not just leave them legal (and maybe get them aimed properly, if needed)?

Because some of our factory lights are ineffective if not downright dangerous. I installed an HID kit in my Regal after a drive through Colorado on a snowy day from Chicago to LA. I had to get out every 2 minutes to clean the salt off the lenses because they were providing zero light, and I could barely see anything even when they were clean. I blacked out the bottom reflector of the housing to reduce glare shining into peoples' eyes. Not the ideal way to run HIDs in your car, but having them became necessary.

I installed a tint film on the lenses on my old Bonneville GXP for a while. They looked absolutely badass. Such a sexy car.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/47593-Cell-phone-photoshoot?highlight=bonneville+gxp

I had HIDs in that one, 35W, and I can honestly say that the light output was less than with factory bulbs. I didn't notice it at first, but it became more obvious over time. The tints really pulled a number on the output. I ended up removing them when I sold the car. They probably would have been fine with 55W HIDs, but I never bothered to try.

Edited by xtremerevolution

Half the world wants brighter/blue-er headlights, the other half wants dark covers over them.

I have headlight covers for my z34 but to drive with them on at night is plain lunacy.

Yeah well half the US wants a democratic government and the other half want republic... so what?

The reason I want them is because of not only would it look cool but it would save a lot of time in keeping the front clean. Also it would keep the plastic turn signals from fading/hazing. The picture is an exaggerated simulation of it. I doubt I would get a tint that dark.

Just some mock ups never finished . Only had to make a proper mounting system. I only had them held in by sliding onE end behind the outer turn signal and closing the hood on them but it was a very simple design just cut some plexi glass to size, tint, and find a way to mount them.

Yeah it looks like something I'd see in Back to the Future when they went to 2015, lol!

That's EXACTLY what I had in mind. I picture the red ford probe with cardboard on it when he first arrives :lol: