Products & Sellers - That I Like or Dislike - My Reviews

90V6RedHotLuminaEuro

Subject: 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro Coupe V6 / 3.1

I bought the car in August 2011... it's an $800 dollar car and it came with several issues. This is a list of some of the products that I have used to fix some of the issues. In some cases, I'll be commenting on my experiences with the sellers. I'll be adding to this list periodically... with hopes of many favorable reviews.

Tiger Patch

Part #00270

ITW VersaChem Tiger Patch Tech Data

I had an exhaust leak at the point where the front pipe meets the pipe that goes to the Catalytic converter. There was no clamp or weld there... it was blowing out the seem pretty good.

I tried using a clamp... I went to AutoZone and the AutoZone associate I spoke to was very helpful. I have a bad back... and some Titanium parts in my lower lumbars... the AutoZone person was kind and enthusiastic about helping me... as he crawled underneath my car to make sure I had the right size clamp.

I had no luck with the clamp. I thought I would have to get it welded. I found this Tiger Patch at AutoZone... I thought for $3.99 it was worth a try.

I followed the directions and the Tiger Patch did exactly what it said it was going to do. It took all of about 5 minutes. It's been about a month and the seal is tight and seems permanent.

***** 5 Stars

post-6615-143689085348_thumb.jpg

post-6615-143689085343_thumb.jpg

Lumina - Tiger Patch Tech Data.pdf

Muffler band aids are junk.

My Tiger Patch Works Like a Charm!... maybe it's just other muffler band aids that are junk... like that plaster bandage mummy wrap crap... Let's be thoughtful and specific... focused... on a single product.

For $3.99 + tax and a not too many minutes of your time... following the directions properly... Tiger Patch has gotta be worth a shot... You want to save money... Yes? ...Tiger Patch could avoid a costly labor charge... You want to save your valuable time... Yes? ...what about the inconvenience of dropping your car off at a shop... where they often find something else they want to charge you for... or wouldn't you want to be using your time to do other things with your car?

At the least... $3.99 could Buy You Time... while you're saving your dough to get that fancy new trick dual exhaust system you've always wanted. $3.99 has saved me a trip to the shop... time and money... I don't have a lot of money... nor do I have a lot of time. I have a pile of other issues that I've been addressing with my car... Tiger Patch is allowing me to do that... 4 bucks plus tax... and there's a great chance the repair is permanent...

I'm an electro-mechanical technician of sorts... and right now I work in the area of facility maintenance at a string of local hotels... I have a long history of fixing a wide variety of "stuff"... and finding quick fixes to buy time... I've used miles of other "band aid" type wraps for other uses, especially plumbing, where the tapes didn't work at all or were temporary at best. I do have some stuff that I use on the job for quick plumbing leak fixes that seals tight and lasts til I can get around to doing the job right... and replacing parts...

Tiger Patch claims it'll outlast your existing exhaust system... I believe it.

I have a treasure trove of goops and tapes of every kind... and I'm always looking for, getting, and trying new products... I gotta tell ya... this Tiger Patch impressed me... in that following the directions, it did exactly what it said it would do... and I was somewhat amazed at how well it did it... and how fast... It was like... I opened the package and boom! ...it was done! ...it's a nice solid quiet strong seal... and when I look at it... I think to myself... yep! I bet that thing will be settin' there after my car has rotted all around it. I'll try to get a decent pic of it to post.

We'll see what happens... I'll follow up on this product periodically... and I hope others pass on their experiences as well.

Maybe my next submission and review will be for Liquid Tape! ...ever try the stuff in the spray can... lots of fun, creative uses for it...

My mom has an obnoxious exhaust leak on here 99 Tiburon closer to the cat. Think they would work up there too to cover up the leak?

Yes! I believe it will... is it a hole in the pipe... or is it at a joint... whatever... if it's a big hole you can cover it first with a screen or something... after you wrap it, and before you run the engine to fuse it... you can secure it with any kind of tape or tie wire... but the thing is... wrap it good... heat it up and that's the name of that tune! ...after it fuses... which is rather quickly you can remove whatever you used to secure it with.

When I did mine the pipe was already warm... it was kind of cold out... and it was night... and I didn't have any real good light... the tape was sticking good as I wrapped it... but I wanted to make sure I was getting around the leak real good... you know what I did... I cranked up the engine... I did mine while the engine was running and before the pipe got blistering hot... it sealed the seam/joint up, silenced it, while it was blowing exhaust out of it! ...and then fused up and I was done... Amazing!

I don't recommend you do what I did... you could get a good blister... and maybe have to use a "band aid" (ha!)...

DO IT! and GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it turns out...

My Tiger Patch Works Like a Charm!... maybe it's just other muffler band aids that are junk... like that plaster bandage mummy wrap crap... Let's be thoughtful and specific... focused... on a single product.

For $3.99 + tax and a not too many minutes of your time... following the directions properly... Tiger Patch has gotta be worth a shot... You want to save money... Yes? ...Tiger Patch could avoid a costly labor charge... You want to save your valuable time... Yes? ...what about the inconvenience of dropping your car off at a shop... where they often find something else they want to charge you for... or wouldn't you want to be using your time to do other things with your car?

At the least... $3.99 could Buy You Time... while you're saving your dough to get that fancy new trick dual exhaust system you've always wanted. $3.99 has saved me a trip to the shop... time and money... I don't have a lot of money... nor do I have a lot of time. I have a pile of other issues that I've been addressing with my car... Tiger Patch is allowing me to do that... 4 bucks plus tax... and there's a great chance the repair is permanent...

I'm an electro-mechanical technician of sorts... and right now I work in the area of facility maintenance at a string of local hotels... I have a long history of fixing a wide variety of "stuff"... and finding quick fixes to buy time... I've used miles of other "band aid" type wraps for other uses, especially plumbing, where the tapes didn't work at all or were temporary at best. I do have some stuff that I use on the job for quick plumbing leak fixes that seals tight and lasts til I can get around to doing the job right... and replacing parts...

Tiger Patch claims it'll outlast your existing exhaust system... I believe it.

I have a treasure trove of goops and tapes of every kind... and I'm always looking for, getting, and trying new products... I gotta tell ya... this Tiger Patch impressed me... in that following the directions, it did exactly what it said it would do... and I was somewhat amazed at how well it did it... and how fast... It was like... I opened the package and boom! ...it was done! ...it's a nice solid quiet strong seal... and when I look at it... I think to myself... yep! I bet that thing will be settin' there after my car has rotted all around it. I'll try to get a decent pic of it to post.

We'll see what happens... I'll follow up on this product periodically... and I hope others pass on their experiences as well.

Maybe my next submission and review will be for Liquid Tape! ...ever try the stuff in the spray can... lots of fun, creative uses for it...

Do you work for ITW??

I recently band-aided a large hole in my resonator with a piece of flat, thin sheet metal and some worm hose clamps. Worked like a charm, no more melting of my center console, no more obnoxious noise, which I'm sure the muffler tape would not have reduced as much as the sheet metal has...

Do you work for ITW??

I recently band-aided a large hole in my resonator with a piece of flat, thin sheet metal and some worm hose clamps. Worked like a charm, no more melting of my center console, no more obnoxious noise, which I'm sure the muffler tape would not have reduced as much as the sheet metal has...

No, I don't work for ITW nor am I selling anything... I'm a maintenance tech at a string of hotels and I have a very bad back with titanium rods, and screws (and Tiger Patch) holding it all together... and it hurts like hell... I WISH I was a salesman for anybody at this moment but a year after surgery... I'm back doing a job that even under the best of circumstances, I shouldn't be doing... I tried to find a low impact job... but nobody was hiring... I got this job from an old application I submitted before my back fell apart... whaddayagonnado... gotta work! ...admitedly... I do enjoy advertising, promotion, marketing, etc... and talking about and/or sharing info about great products I find... I got a part time gig once working for Nutro Dog food... unbeknownst to me... I met a person in Petsmart and got into a convesation about dog food, and I started ranting about how great Nutro was... the "person" turned out to be a Nutro Rep... I got hired on the spot.

Yeah... I believe for a large hole... you gotta use some kind of patch... sheet metal, screen... something... you must have had some very large "hose" clamps... but hose clamps fail... rust, rot, crack, loosen up and fall apart even when they are used for their intended purposes. They certainly don't stay snug forever on a vibrating irregular shaped piece of metal that expands and shrinks with temperature and vibration. You don't want to be crawling around in the frozen slush under your car with a nut driver in your hand and a flashlight in your teeth trying to eliminate the ob-noxious noise and put out the fire in your center console.

I say, keep the metal patch, but wrap it, wrap it, wrap it with Tiger Patch... it will give you a solid, secure, permanent seal and an additional layer of insulation... if you have the clearance and room to do the wrapping. Check their website... I think they sell larger/longer pieces... but again... you may have to get clever and crafty about getting the wrapping done properly.

Either way... Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.