Dad and Moms new W

AMP

well just less then ten mins ago my parents bought a 95 Monte Carlo Z34, for what for it 350 bucks, runs and drives pretty nice for the price will post pics tomorrow.

now ?'s

the key is stuck in the ignition, my dad would like to now how to get it out :lol: the main issue with the car.

I would have bought it but did not have the dough.

Key's stuck. Wierd. Try turning the wheel one way or the other and pull on the key.

That's cheap for a z34. Sounds like a deal.

oh yeah body is pretty strait hood has a dent in the front but yeah it was a good buy. Ill probably be the one to get the key out anyway :lol:

I can't say for sure but I konw on the 2G's there is a solenoid in the column that will keep the key in. Press the button on it and it releases the key. if you unplug it it will let the key come back, even in gear, but who cares.

I've had this happen. there is an adjustable tension point at the shifter within the console. remove the handle by pulling out on the "staple" on its' front then pulling up on the handle. remove the top face of the console. Identify the cable that is not the shifting cable, it is the interlock cable. There is a plastic "staple" that locks the end in place, if you pull it you can move the cable freely against the collar that locks it in place. trial and error it until it has a little more slack, test...... reassemble.

Something to check when you or your parents have a chance. Open on the timing covers on the left side of the engine. 2 8mm bolts. Check the condition of the belt.

If the belt looks like it needs to be replace it probably does.

Something to check when you or your parents have a chance. Open on the timing covers on the left side of the engine. 2 8mm bolts. Check the condition of the belt.

If the belt looks like it needs to be replace it probably does.

yeah they used to have a 96 lexus with the 3.0 dohc so yeah that is something to check on them dohc.

lol i tried to give one away for free (needed a motor) Had new tires, wires batt, fuel pump, and plugs.... same color and all.. no one wanted it!

when was this? :lol: wish i knew, might have been before my time :lol:

lol i tried to give one away for free (needed a motor) Had new tires, wires batt, fuel pump, and plugs.... same color and all.. no one wanted it!

Next time holler at me! I never saw that either...

Z doesn't look too bad... Most Z34s I see have most of the options, but that one doesn't seem to have any? That's how my LTZ was, and apparently it was very uncommon for them to be optioned (or unoptioned in this case) that way... Looks like with some elbow grease it'll clean up well though!

Spray paint for sale signs :facepalm: hopefully you guys can clean it up and make it look nice!

:lol: it was actually some weird color window chalk i believe, came off pretty easy. yeah it should clean up nice go to do some work under the hood found out that the heater core has been bypassed and something else has been too but not sure what it is :lol: i think something else to do with the heater core but not sure.