90 TGP idle problems!!!! help

valeck25

who knows of someone that could fix my TGP in the chicago land area i have tryed everything execept replacing the tps in it and the idle keep acting up. at first start its normal but after driving the idle stays high idk how high because of the gauges but it sounds high :) and if i turn it off and back on it idle normal. if some one here could help me please please im getting ready to take it to the stealership lol.

Nope no leaks there, the O2 sensor was a lil loose I just tighten it and that helped with the boost alot :), just yesterday I did the idle relearn like 10 times lol and no luck unless I'm doing something wrong.

Ok lil update I finally decided to take the cap off the adjuster screw in the throttle body and move it, that seem to help we'll see what happens over the next few days.

no real point in deleting the EGR IMO, just makes the SES lamp come on more often with no real marketable gains. and adjusting the throttle stop screw is masking the problem at best.

There is no good reason to replace a broken crossover with another stock crossover as that happens to all of them. There are still folks who rebuild them to better then factory spec, PM GOT2B GM he has a jig for rebuilding them and a thread in the FS section just for that service. These cars need a little more special care then the average 3.1 grand prix.

another update on this problem, i just seafoamed it and i saw a little bit of smoke come out from the x-over to turbo, and front manifold to x-over, so there is a little leak, would this cause the high idle? :shrug: thanks for the support. :thumbsup: