Just a few questions regarding 2001 Chevrolet Lumina

Foxchase

Hey there.

I just bought a 2001 Chevrolet Lumina and was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions I have. I'm new here and could use some help from someone more experienced.

First of all, the side marker lights don't work. For some reason, it's not possible to put the fuses in the fusebox by the glovebox. If I remember correctly, fuse 6 and 15 are supposed to be for the side markers? I tried putting in fuses, but they won't stay there. As if it was extra-equipment or something.

Secondly, where's the chime module located? I think mine's broken or deactivated. There are no chimes or anything at all. I actually want it to work because I kinda think it's a little fancy, I love cars in original condition.

Third, the doors don't lock automatically. The power locks work, but not automatically. Are they supposed to be like that?

I would really appreciate it if somebody could answer me these questions!

Edited by Foxchase

If the chimes in the Luminas are anything like my GP, there are two plugs on the chime box. One controls the auto locks and something else I forget (maybe the blinker reminder?), and the other controls the chimes. I unplugged both of mine because it drives me nuts working on the car with the damn thing dinging in my face, and then I forgot to plug it back in =P

And yes, those side marker bulbs are shot on every one of those I see ever. Should be a cheap parts store fix.

Yeah, if you wanted you could get that hooked up with an aftermarket keyless entry. (That's how mine is). But it's a pain in the ass because it locks when you turn the key on. You don't know how many times I've locked myself out!! I'd rather it lock when you put it into gear.

The doors do not automatically lock.

Let me guess, your car is white?

Thanks for the reply. And no, my car is dark green. Interior is neutral. I love that combination, to be honest.

Yeah, if you wanted you could get that hooked up with an aftermarket keyless entry. (That's how mine is). But it's a pain in the ass because it locks when you turn the key on. You don't know how many times I've locked myself out!! I'd rather it lock when you put it into gear.

I guess I'll just leave it as it is, then! :)

I "think" it's with the fuses in the dashboard under the little panel on the passenger side. If you open the passenger door you'll see it there on the side of the dash. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's where it is...

Thanks, I'll check it out. Must be either there is under the glovebox.

Take out the glovebox for an easy way to get at it if you don't want to be upside down with all the blood going to your head. My chime only works really when I leave my keys in the car, my seatbelt reminder chime works on and off because the sensor is all messed up. :lol:

Being upside-down is fun, though! :D

And mine doesn't chime at all. The seatbelt light comes up on the cluster, though.

Work on the evap or heater core on this car and you'll be having second thoughts when it comes to that statement. :lol:

My reminder light does NOT work - changed bulbs and everything. Might give it another go in a few weeks, need to order some replacements for some failed ones in the instrument cluster anyways. Those darn cheap LED lights on eBay don't last I tell ya!