DIC wireing in a 95 GP

revnrob

I am instaling DIC and HUD in my 95 GP,,,

the car is already wired for both,,,

In the male plug for the DIC there are the 2 wires for the ambient temp sensor that is near the hood latch,,,

The 2 wires are Gr/Blk stripe and Yellow,,,the DIC plug has the 2 wires and the wires go into the harness and out of site,,,

My question is since my car did NOT come with DIC where do the wires go in the harness?

I already know that I can just run 2 new wires and make it work but since the harness already has the wires I want to use them but dont know where they end up,,

There is a connector on the far right of the car under the dash. It is a bulk connector where the dash harness connects to the body harness. If not equipped the wires terminate, if equipped the wires go to the sensor bundled with the wires for the front lights. pull apart the connector (Torx 30, iirc) and look for a removable subconnector (black, iirc) that snaps in place, you'll see open slots on the body side where the wires matching your color are on the dash side.

I have added the wires myself to non equipped cars by extracting only the temp wires with the connectors from the donor, and installing them by pinning them into the connector in the stock configuration running them with the aforementioned light wires, you can do the same if you choose.

Edited by Crazy K

So, out of curiousity, and i kinda need to know, the temp sensor wires are already there on the connector on an abs equipped 95 gp, or do they need to be pinned in? If so, where?

Thanks for the replys!!!

My 95 GP did not come with DIC and HUD,,,,BUT,,the car is wired for both,,,,

At the connector in the dash for the DIC the plug has the 2 wires for the temp sensor,, the wires just go into the harness and disapear,,,I want to know where to look for them under the hood or dont they go that far and just terminate under the dash,,,,

read what i said above. On a pre-wired vehicle, the wires terminate at the connector where the dash wiring meets the rest of the body wiring. they did not use the lights harness with the wiring included for the temp sensor on non-DIC-equipped but pre-wired vehicles.

Edited by Crazy K