is there a difference between the 90 and 93 3.1 intake, 93 intake doesn't seem to fit

bobotech

in the process of trying to repair a problematic 90 base Lumina with the 3.1, we broke the water inlet fitting on the bottom of the intake manifold below the water neck area. Turns out to get a new one of those fittings, it is 80 dollars from the chevy dealer with a 2 week wait time. So we went back to the pull and save junkyard and pulled a intake manifold off of a 93 engine and cleaned it all up and went to put it on the 90 engine.

It won't seat all the way on the right side of the engine when viewing it from the front. Are we just being stupid or something or is the 93 just not compatible with the 90 block/heads?

Well I'm not worried about the upper penum, we can get that cheap enough from the engine we pulled the lower intake off of. But the first poster said that it was different so I'm confused now.

Does anyone have any definite yes or no answer as to whether the 89-90 3.1 vin T manifolds are different than the 91-up 3.1 manifolds? I'm concerned with the lower manifold bolting TO the heads/block. If the upper plenum is different, than that is no big deal at all, just grab another 10 dollar plenum at the junkyard. I"m just extremely concerned that the the 93 manifold that we got will bolt in place on top of the 90 block that is in the car.

Thanks.

Well we went back to the junkyard and got a different lower manifold. Got one off of a 90 Caviler and it fits perfectly. So at this point, we are good to go with finishing up reassembly.