Cutlass Vert electrical

jiminyc

Ok guys... I have a 94 Cutlass Vert vin X 3.4 dohc all options except the HUD with plenty of miles 203000...The problem I want to discuss here is interior illumination....I know this may be weird but I need a frame of reference from guys with cars which have less miles and wear on them...question one,...Driver side door/window/sideview mirrors control....How much night time illumination do you have? I only have low level green illumination on the window controls... none on the Doorlock/unlock switch and none on the side mirror controls??? Is this normal? I have a huge GM shop manual from 1994 as a reference but the wiring diagrams show no detail as to the illumination circuit for the LH door control. Question 2 Steering wheel controls illumination? I have none except for a low level for the seek/prog bottom right control. I have removed the air bag assembly and voltmeter checked it for voltage per the shop book and I have voltage but no illumination...? Kinda sucks there I guess i should just scower the planet for a good used air bag assembly?

Any comments are very very welcome. thanks

Brandon

I can probably help on the steering wheel controls, but our door panel switches are different. I'll have mine out tonight and will check the steering wheel then.

I have a 94' Cutlass Supreme Convertible with about 113,00 miles. At night, all the switches on the steering wheel are illuminated. On the door panel, the power windows, the lockout switch, and the power door lock switch is illuminated. Hope this helps.