Power Steering Harness on Rack

Artemis

Since putting a new engine and harness (upgraded to OBD2) I can't seem to find the harness that goes to the power steering rack. I believe its the pressure sensor.... anyhow, I was wondering if this plug was supposed to be on the engine side harness or on the harness that comes out of the drivers side firewall? Does anyone know? Does anyone have a picture of the actual plug? Any help would be appreciated.

The car I pulled my OBD 2 harness from didn't have a pressure sensor on the rack. I still have the rack here and there doesn't seem to be a hole for the sensor on that rack. I guess you just leave the sensor in and leave it unplugged when you do the swap.

I guess that means no variable assist for me?

No, the connector on the power steering pump is for the EVO variable assist. The pressure switch on the rack will cause the ECM to bump up the idle a bit under heavy power steering load to keep the engine from bogging/dying.

Edit: I looked at some wiring diagrams and I don't see where any OBD-II w-body had that switch on it so they must have done away with it. I would not worry about it.

Edited by jman093