Mold on Convertible Top

brianstarr58

I have a 95 vert and the top is 3years oldand has this dark mold all over it. I have tried everything and even took it back to where I had the top installed and they acted like they didn't want to be bothered. So rather than get arrested...I was so heated...I just left. Any ideas on how to remove this mold?

What kind of cleaners have you tried on it? What all have you tried so far?

I wouldnt use anything with bleach in it.

Also a good pressure washing might work pretty good.

Tried converetible top cleaner from pep boys, can't remember the name, tried to pressure wash..no luck, tried mean green diluted 10-1 on a small area. Don't know what else to try.

Google is your friend.

"Wipe the top down with Downey fabric softener every once in a while (couple times a yr should do it), it won't mold anymore. Water it down first, don't use it straight. Eighth cup to a gallon of water is more than enough and could probably be thinned out even more. There's something in the fabric softener that instantly kills mold and keeps it from growing back. I learned this trick from having pop up camper trailers."

Google is your friend.

"Wipe the top down with Downey fabric softener every once in a while (couple times a yr should do it), it won't mold anymore. Water it down first, don't use it straight. Eighth cup to a gallon of water is more than enough and could probably be thinned out even more. There's something in the fabric softener that instantly kills mold and keeps it from growing back. I learned this trick from having pop up camper trailers."

Thanks for that bit of advice as I currently have some mold on my popup camper canvas... chemicals do crazy things ;)