Hardwire foglights?

Grand Moff Joseph

I've had these fogs on my Lumi for a few years, and the remote box finally died on them:

http://www.topgearautosport.com/part/A121TL8W202/Pilot_Remote_Driving_Lights.html

Any idea if I can hardwire them into the stock headlight switch, so they come on with the parking or headlights? Or would I need to do some custom work to the wiring harness?

You will need to use a relay, no matter what. Just don't wire them to the switch, you will draw excessive current.

But yes, you could use the parking lamps or low beams to energize the relay. The relay would be used to power the fog lamps.

I've had these fogs on my Lumi for a few years, and the remote box finally died on them:

http://www.topgearautosport.com/part/A121TL8W202/Pilot_Remote_Driving_Lights.html

They're NOT fog lights, they're driving lights. BIG difference.

Any idea if I can hardwire them into the stock headlight switch, so they come on with the parking or headlights? Or would I need to do some custom work to the wiring harness?

WHY would you want them to come on with the parking lights?

Coming on with the HIGH BEAMS might be a valid installation.

schurkey strikes again with arbitrary and excessive capitalization!!!

He makes a valid point in considering a seperate trigger for these lights (maybe a toggle switch on the dash. Either way they should be on a relay that draws power from the battery