92 GPSE questions.

92GrandPrixSE

I have a 92 Grand Prix SE I have a few questions about.

1.Can I remove the steering wheel with stereo controls and replace it with an aftermarket or stock one without the controls?

2. What size are the door speakers?

3 Can I replace the glovebox with one that does not have a combination?

Thanks.

Why would you want to replace the glove box?

If you can't get it open. It's really easy to figure out the combination.

Those are easy to crack. Get a light and look to the sides of the numbers you should see some little teeth in there, turn the numbers till the teeth disapear repeat for the other digits and that should get you the code

Yeah you can remove the wheel with the controls and got a base one. You will need the whole wheel. If you pull the controls you can't just put the center piece in from the base one. It is one big piece.

I don't think you can replace the glove box lock combo. Unless you find a 88-93 GP that doesn't have a locking glove box. Then you could swap it.

The door speakers should be 6x9.

Yeah you can remove the wheel with the controls and got a base one. You will need the whole wheel. If you pull the controls you can't just put the center piece in from the base one. It is one big piece.

I don't think you can replace the glove box lock combo. Unless you find a 88-93 GP that doesn't have a locking glove box. Then you could swap it.

The door speakers should be 6x9.

Cool, thanks. I just really wanna get this car done. The steering wheel is the big issue atm.

You don't like the buttons? Or you plan to go aftermarket radio? If you go with an aftermarket radio then the steering wheel controls won't work. I personally really like the steering wheel controls. I find them really useful.

The center section of the wheel can be swapped out to one from a car without steering wheel controls. Check out my garage if you want to see what the wheel looks like with the plain center panel.