should i?

joecutlass

A good friend of mine has a 99 regal gs. L67. Hes looking to get a new car soon. Im assuming that hes going to sell this. Now, with the interest i have in this beast, im not sure if its worth whatever hes going to ask for it. It has almost 200,000. Surely, the body isnt the greatest. It has some rust and a dent in one fender, but the tired motor is what im looking into. Worth rebuilding? And what would be a reasonable offer?

hard to say... you'd be spending a minimium of $500 from the cheapest yards just for the parts... and if it is still a decent runner, it might be worth $1000-1500 if he tried to sell it outright on craigslist... though most likely he'd get a bunch of offers for $800....

Also, I wouldn't rebuild the engine unless you have to, unless you were going to totally make it radially different. Alternatively, you could get a common and cheap low mileage L36 and topswap it

p.s. offer low and go up? he might get $500 as a trade in... unless the dealer has one of those obscene $$$$$$$ trade in programs...

Edited by Crazy K