HELP HORN BLOWS ALL

P51DRB

Is this a '94 + year model car with airbag. If so, the horn switch is part of the airbag cover. The switch contacts often times at night or when the weather is cooler from the entire airbag cover contracting. All the expansion contraction over the years eventually causes the horn to be really sensitive and it will eventually end up sticking. If this is the problem, most people bypass the horn switch and place it elsewhere because a new air bag assembly is so expensive.

My old 92 lumina just one day started going off at 9am. I said to my wife... Who is the jackass laying on the horn... Then I realized I was the jack ass. It was the steering wheel pad switch. I just pulled it off with my fingers, bent the little connector back a little and all was good. I have no idea how or why it did that out of the blue.

ill have to do that onece i fix my horn, it would randomly go off, then corrosion set in on the horns that i had put in to replaced the so-rusted-away-so-far-making-for-as-good-as-nonexsistant horns

• 2 months later...

Got hit with this tonight, for the second time in the past 5 years. Completely at random, although in both instances, it occurred when the temperature was warming up after being fairly cold out for a few weeks (ie: -20C...).

Both times, it happened in the middle of the night.

Pretty nasty... (must be crying out for an oil change or something.....:lol:)