Horn broke, watch for finger!

TheDeacon

So, as you can tell, I'm not real original and I'm having horn issues.

Problem is I can't seem to even find the thing. I stuck my head up under the body and looked around the headlight area. I've removed the plastic covers from on top and still no luck.

Funny thing is, even my Chilton manual doesn't even mention anything about the horn or it's location. :thinking:

So now I come to you all for assistance.

Thank you.

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.1 v6.

IIRC They're behind the battery.

I had ikssues with mine and they were in the contacts in the steering wheel, not the horns themselves. Also check your fuses and such before tearing stuff apart.

White,

Thanks for the info, but I need a little more clarity. Do you mean back behind the towards the wheel-well, under the battery littery or between the outer quarter panel and the battery? ;)

Our cars have two horns.

in a 94 you probably have both horns behind the battery in the fender cavity

in a 95 you probably have one horn behind the battery in the fender cavity, and one horn mounted to the outside edge of the arm that holds the bumper support on below the headlight and behind the bumper cover.

that said the nice Cadillac horn sound comes from THREE horns, two that are the same as used in the eariler w-bodys(before Fiam brand horns appeared around 96-97) and one more that is probably a lower tone. Brian.. find that different horn and add it to your car(s)!

I'd love to install horns from my fleetwood brougham in my w. Hahah talk about a horn, more like the Southern Pacific rolling down the road.

That's what I want to do with my HHR since it's got such a pussy sounding horn!

Horn broke, watch for finger!

Horn broke, ILLEGAL to drive! (varies by State)

(a) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonable loud or harsh sound or a whistle.

• 6 months later...

Funny thing is, even my Chilton manual doesn't even mention anything about the horn or it's location. :thinking:

So now I come to you all for assistance.

1 horn is under the battery in the rail - you can see it from the bottom of the car looking up. I assume the passenger one is similarly located.

The fuse box and relay for the horn are mounted behind the battery. Try removing the relay and sending 12V into relay pin 87 (they are numbered on the relay) to test your horn. Mine stopped working but it was an electrical problem not the horn.

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.1 v6.

I'd love to install horns from my fleetwood brougham in my w. Hahah talk about a horn, more like the Southern Pacific rolling down the road.

The horn in my Park Ave is the same way. Sounds like a tugboat horn!

I have the classic Subaru horn in my Outback... err, make that the classic small Japanese car horn. I'd love to put horns from a Cadillac or the like in it. In fact I may do that.