Best way to aim my headlamps DIY style, non VOR.

Oilpatch197

These are the headlamps that the books tell me must be aimed with a headlamp aimer machine...problem is nobody has one locally(they just use the wall method)

So I simply just parked my car perpendicular to the brick wall at Wal-Mart and drove back 30ft and go up to the wall again until I got the "hot spots" where they will not drift when I pull away from the wall. (using the bricked joints in the wall as a reference mark)

Now if I get my low beam hot spots centered, then my high beams are wacked, so then someone told me I should adjust on the highbeams(since they just go straight down the road) so I tried that.

Now, I am not happy with low beam performance, so I tweaked it somewhere in the middle, both the horizontal and vertical are off, I bumped a stupid doe and took out my grille.:mad:

Any suggestions on how to adjust these?

I also got a pair of Depos in storage(had to swap some hardware), they have the full bulb sheild on the low beam, so I could do the 9005 conversion mod., except the optics are not very good.

Edited by Oilpatch197