Sound deadning matt

Steve

Has anybody used sound deadening mats to reduce the road noise? It's amazing how the different road surfaces increase the noise in the car.

Edited by Steve

I like how we have:

Chinese Matt

Non-Chinese Matt

and now: Sound-Deadening Matt

What are the odds that we see all three Matt's at a W-body meet??

I knew you were going to post something like this before I even opened this thread:lol:

There's a member on the Steve Meade Designs forum that just started selling his own deadener, IIRC in 60 and 80 mil varieties. I got a quote from him and it was competitively priced. If you would like and with his permission I will PM you his info.

I have a lot of Peel&Seal in my car but I've learned it takes a LOT to do the same as a good deadener. Not to mention mine tends to randomly try to fall off.

Yeah that sounds great, I'm glad to hear that these mats work. I know my 95 GP was also very loud with road surface changes.

I figure if I put a mat down then a matt on top of that then the carpet it might be a little lumpy but will really cut down the sound:lol: Sorry about the typo guys.

There's a member on the Steve Meade Designs forum that just started selling his own deadener, IIRC in 60 and 80 mil varieties. I got a quote from him and it was competitively priced. If you would like and with his permission I will PM you his info.

I have a lot of Peel&Seal in my car but I've learned it takes a LOT to do the same as a good deadener. Not to mention mine tends to randomly try to fall off.

Sounds like improper prep, or crappy product, or a combination of the two. I've used the most off brand stuff you can get, and have NEVER had it try to fall off.

I like how we have:

Chinese Matt

Non-Chinese Matt

and now: Sound-Deadening Matt

What are the odds that we see all three Matt's at a W-body meet??

This definitely calls for:

:nunzipalm