Superchips or Jet performance EPROMS?

Oilpatch197

I wanna put a performance chip in my car. I have a few choices, one is a Jet brand chip, it has two options, a "stage 1"

Adds up to 23 h.p.; Designed to burn fuel at peak efficiency which result in improved performance and mileage; Provides exclusive full range DST programming; Each program is track and Dyno tested; Best use for stock or mildly modified vehicles.

"stage 2".

Add Up To 23 Horsepower Instantly, Features More Aggressive Programming To Make The Most Horsepower And Torque Available, Fuel And Timing Curves Are Extensively Modified For Peak Performance And Drivability, Use Of 91 Octane Fuel, 180 Degrees Thermostat And Free Flow Exhaust Are Required

or a Superchip brand:

SUPERCHIPS EPROM SINGLE PERFORMANCE CHIP -- A Direct Replacement For The Stock EPROM, Offers Great Increase In Power And Torque, Allows For Complete Drivetrain Tuning And Recording To Review On Your PC, Offers Advanced Tuning Selections From Rev Limits To Shift Quality And To Monitor Transmission And Engine Parameters, With Superchips' Limited 1-Year Warranty

I want something I can just pop in and get more HP.(lol) That sounds silly, but was wondering what experience have you had with these chips? Is there another brand I need to look at? What are the scams I need to be aware with these performance chips?

Edited by Oilpatch197

I don't think there is any aftermarket for the series 1 3800... I think it's all series 2. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know there was a supercharger available on the series 1. Why no after market? Was it because of the short lifespan of the series 1 design?

The lack of aftermarket is due to the vehicles that received the motor werent performance oriented

Yep, that's a nice way of saying I got a "old mans" engine in my old man car. :lol:

Yep, that's a nice way of saying I got a "old mans" engine in my old man car. :lol:
want a gen 1 Regal that's tunable? Get one with either a 3100, 3.1L MPFI, 2.8L MPFI or a 1996 model with the 3800 series 2.

I got the 3.8, I see only stuff for the 3.1. :(

My bad. Wasn't paying attention to your sig. iFail. Basically you can do nothing with your car without spending an unrealistic amount of money for minimal gains.