Built a Revell GP Model

blackgtp95

Nice looking man, looks good.

I used to build models, but every time I would get one something wouldn't fit, ide get pissed and smash them. I know the one time I was building a Nova model, and the wheels wouldn't fit on the little axle thing so I said F this, threw it and never bought one since lmao.

i go crazy when i build models. i couldnt find one like that, so i settled for a 1990 that im going to make a 95 b4u like mine out of it, interior wont be seen lol im gona tint it hardcore

link to that kit? it would make things easier for me haha

add me on fb. i made a prostreet 69 camaro with a full album and progress pics, along with a custom 69 camaro vert among other models lol i have a few others in the making, such as a 57 belaire truck, side by side matching 69 and 2010 camaros, a challenger, and like 1 or 2 more that i cant think of right now all in the middle of being made

facebook.com/iroc24u

Looks good. Hard to tell if yo0u did or not from the pics, but if you did a black wash on the xlaces it would really help with the depth and detail of them. It's been years since I did one on a model car or train, but IIRC it was 1 part paint to 5-10 parts water? I forget. It basically just fills in all the crevices with tint and leaves the raised bits chromed.

My last model was when I was sixteen :lol: I would really love to start building again but I never have the time or the patience, not to mention I'm busy enough working on my 1:1 model car ;)

That looks pretty good. I have one like that but it's been so long the glue isn't holding things together anymore. I just finished a 9c1 Impala, maybe I'll get pics

i also have 2 more to build, its a shame they didn't make a 94-96 B4U model though :(

link to that kit? it would make things easier for me haha

i bought these about 3 years ago and have finally started building them!!! lol

Damn it!!! Now you've got me wanting to go out to Hobby Lobby and pick one up to build!!!!

Good luck finding one of the GP models in the store, been out of production for about 20 years now. I bought two of the 91 GTP model online. I kept one and gave one to Nunzi. I plan on building mine eventually, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Duno what Nunzi will do with his.

Good luck finding one of the GP models in the store, been out of production for about 20 years now. I bought two of the 91 GTP model online. I kept one and gave one to Nunzi. I plan on building mine eventually, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Duno what Nunzi will do with his.

Oh no I don't mean I want to build the GP necessarily. I wouldn't expect to find that anywhere anymore lol! I just want to build anything.

I'm actually glad you posted this thread....

It made me remember that I had these.....

P1020933Large.jpg

sitting in a closet now for about 18 years.....do I forget things...or what??

The model on the left is the '88 car of the year..(our 1st GP just as it is on the box)..we couldn't purchase the TGP here in Canada seeing as they were NOT exported

out of the states. We first saw that car in Rapid City (South Dakota) in 1989 while on a summer vacation trip there. The dealer would NOT take our 88 in as a trade in because he was NOT permitted to sell the Turbo to non US buyers. But it led my wife & I to eventually buying the '91 GT we currently own.

I built a few when i was a kid but they got smashed, me and brother had a 73 camaro that we where building and did not have model glue and used super glue:lol: that shit hurts glued my fingers to the taillights.

Damn it!!! Now you've got me wanting to go out to Hobby Lobby and pick one up to build!!!!

Yeah the only problem is they will end up sitting in a closet for 10 years....lol i can't believe I actually built it :lol:

Speaking of which HL has a Abrams tank that looks pretty cool

I'm actually glad you posted this thread....

It made me remember that I had these.....

P1020933Large.jpg

sitting in a closet now for about 18 years.....do I forget things...or what??

The model on the left is the '88 car of the year..(our 1st GP just as it is on the box)..we couldn't purchase the TGP here in Canada seeing as they were NOT exported

out of the states. We first saw that car in Rapid City (South Dakota) in 1989 while on a summer vacation trip there. The dealer would NOT take our 88 in as a trade in because he was NOT permitted to sell the Turbo to non US buyers. But it led my wife & I to eventually buying the '91 GT we currently own.

i also have the one on the left as well... still in the box and will be for another 5 years until I get the itch to build it...