How do you disable that stupid key lock?

Oilpatch197

I was at Staples the other day and got ready to leave and my stupid lock key cylinder would not turn. :mad: Finally moving the steering wheel up and down the stupid thing let my key turn.

How do I disable this, and what do I do if it happens again?:think:

you don't? you either have a worn out key/key cylinder, or you need to read the tag on top of your visor, if still present. essentially "turn steering wheel back and forth to allow key cylinder to move"

I had this issue a few months back. I thought the problem would go away but it got worse. I also heard if you let the problem stay, you may eventually fully lock your car and it will either cost money to get a new locking cylinder , or your car may lock for good (Highly doubt thats even possible, but internet research can bring foster up many opinions)

Is it a security issue or a ignition problem is the question. If your key goes in, turns and the engine doesnt cranks (stays completely silent) and the dash lights might flash (security light especially), then you just need to replace your key for new one with a new chip, but make sure you use your old key to get a new one, the locksmith will take the code from your old car key chip.

I have had it if i park on a hill or just leave the wheels in a certain position, the actually ignition will not turn at all, and then i just jerk the wheel left and right and it usually unlocks it. If this issue does not happen again, dont worry about it.

Which one of the two is your problem? Turning ignition but no sounds/cranks, or the ignition just doesnt turn?

Which one of the two is your problem? Turning ignition but no sounds/cranks, or the ignition just doesnt turn?

my stupid lock key cylinder would not turn.

Crazy K is correct. Not a problem. Turn the wheel back and forth just like the visor tag says.