Possibly picking this up in another month or so.

9lumina6

The 00 GTP has never seen winter in it's life....you can eat off the underbody, so that will always stay that way. The 91 GTP (Also GTP) isnt in as nice shape as the 03....but it's 98% rust free and it's just so rare that I don't want to put it through winters...so that will be stored. The 03 is in very good shape...clean underbody....I figure with the Canadian oiling (which gets everything not just certain areas like undercoating) and the Unlimited washes at Delta Sonic It will stay in good shape for years to come.

I remember about the GTP being so clean, pack that thing away once the white stuff falls. My Regal's the same way, I'm trying to find something to help keep it that way.

Not necessarily....I was told the oil is mixed with this sticky residue...so it doesnt wash off. Ikd you'd have to aks Chinese Matt about it.... he knows alot about it and has his Denali oiled before winters. He says it stays on there all winter.

Yeah, I just use motor oil and squirt it all over the underside, but when I spray the undercarriage off it washes off over time. But if it has something else in it that'd probably help. Just my regular oil is messy as hell, I can't even imagine how messy that would be!

I dont think it drips nearly as much as using regular oil because of the stuff they mix it with. Which is why it doesnt wash off when you get the car washed.

I don't mean dripping, I just mean that it'll be all over everything so whenever you touch something it'll be a mess! But I'd rather have a mess than rust!!!

we got an unlimited wash plan for my mom a while back for her avalanche, and she loved having that. My dad didn't care a much, but why would he, he has a work truck that they take care of :lol: If I didn't hand wash my cars I'd probably look into one, or if the other wasnt already rusty and beyond washing much

we got an unlimited wash plan for my mom a while back for her avalanche, and she loved having that. My dad didn't care a much, but why would he, he has a work truck that they take care of :lol: If I didn't hand wash my cars I'd probably look into one, or if the other wasnt already rusty and beyond washing much

My problem is if/when I move out. Right now I have the best setup in the world to hand wash them at home. But if I move away it'd be pointless to drive up to Frankenmuth and back...it'd get dirty!

Where was this one you're talking about?

I always hand wash and wax the 91....mainly because the paint is peeling in some small places...and I don't want it to get worse. The 00 GTP I haven't even washed in over a year....because it never sees rain....and if it does happen to get caught in rain (like it did driving down to Dayton in June) I just spray wax it because there's like 15 coats of wax on it lol. All I need to do is dust it off and it stays covered up in the garage all the time when not in use.

yeah, my GTP just got a nice buff job and has sat in the garage under a cover, except today when I got her out. The sedan I don't really care about, but if I do pick up a 2 gen in the spring I'll probably see if I can find a wash plan like that

I never knew about that Deltasonic unlimited wash deal! If I get a nice car for a DD before winter I'm gonna get that for sure. I don't trust the TGP going through those automatic washes though.

Is this Canadian oil undercoating somehow differant then what you would get here in NY? I got my 96 GP done one winter I had it. It made a MESS! oil all under the hood and even in the inside of the doors. I have seen this on other cars at my work. We had a Equinox in awhile back. The guy said he had it oil undercoated every year for the past 5 years. There was no joke several inches of oil in the bottom of the inside of the door. There was oil all over his speakers and it destroyed the foam surrounds. I said fuck oil undercoating after seeing that.