Cutlass rear fold down seat interchangable?

Mel87

So since my Cutlass is a series 2, it didn't have the option for the rear pass through/fold down rear seats with the center fold out arm rest. I have never really taken the back seats out of any car so I wouldn't know how it all works.

Anyways last time I was at the junk yard, I saw a 95 coupe there with the exact same color interior. This one DID have the fold down rear seats. My main question is can you swap the non fold down with the fold down?

Yes, you can swap them. Under the rear seat bottom, you will find 2 bolts. Remove those, and the seat bottom will come out. Then you will see a few more bolts alongside the underside of the seat back. Remove those. Then pull up and out one the seat back, and lift the seat back off of its retaining "hooks".

You'll have to cut the sound deadening material to use the pass through, but it'll bolt in fine otherwise. I have a leather cutty rear folding seat in my GP sedan, and it came in handy over the winter with snowboards

Oh cool, lucky I found this! I saw a cutlass at the junk yard yesterday with these and was thinking of going down and getting them next weekend.

Well if your luck is like mine, it will be gone:p

Thats exactly what I did, I was there last weekend. "Oh look a nice 95 Cutlass coupe, looks like barely anyone has touched it. Hey look same interior as mine with fold down seats! Ill have to come back next weekend with money and get them." AND of coarse the whole car was gone :lol::lol::lol:

Well if your luck is like mine, it will be gone:p

Thats exactly what I did, I was there last weekend. "Oh look a nice 95 Cutlass coupe, looks like barely anyone has touched it. Hey look same interior as mine with fold down seats! Ill have to come back next weekend with money and get them." AND of coarse the whole car was gone :lol::lol::lol:

Heh, true, but this one hasn't been there all that long and is wel within their normal time frame before they have them hauled away. I can always keep an eye on their inventory through the week though.

Well this is what I am not sure about. According to Crazy Rays (Junk yard) they claim "Seat Front or Rear Car ..................................30.19" but it isn't really the whole seat...

my post vanished???? I posted that if you do grab a rear seat, make me sure you grab the plastic insert behind the seat that surrounds the opening, as well as the four brackets that the surround bolts to. It might not fit the vert without some cutting, but it covers the hole... A coupe seat is narrower than a sedan seat, so make sure you grab one from a coupe... you might also find that a coupe seat upper rear may sit about 1 inch wider than a vert seat, but can be forced in place. Also pay special attention to the cloth texture pattern, for example a 94 seat has a different pattern than 93- and 95+ is different as well...