LQ1 Surging

Z34guy

High Idle speeds can also mess up the trans. A car i sold to someone had a high idle because of a bad IAC on a TPI 350. Blew the trans up from it shifting into a gear at 1500rpm

Edited by Silentkillzr
Misspelled :D

High Idle speeds can also mess up the trans. A car i sold to someone had a high idle because of a bad IAC on a TPI 350. Blew the trans up from it shitting into a gear at 1500rpm

HAHA the truck was shitting into gear :lol:. No but seriously that was another reason why I was desperate to find a solution for this high idle. These trannys arent the strongest and I didnt want to replace it again. But I replaced the TPS and so far so good!

the torque converter will be a deciding factor in those situations...

a LQ1 converter stalls out to ~2100RPM, a TPI350/305 converter stalls out significantly lower.

HAHA the truck was shitting into gear :lol:. No but seriously that was another reason why I was desperate to find a solution for this high idle. These trannys arent the strongest and I didnt want to replace it again. But I replaced the TPS and so far so good!

HAHA i totally meant shifting, wow lol. my bad.