RPM drop

Jprice90

not all the time, when im at a light, the RPMS will dip a little bit and come back up, sometimes if im lucky it'll do it twice, i was thinking maybe plugs/wires? but i heard the back plugs are a bitch

it's daytime when i do most of my driving, its probably something stuff, it would be nice if it was the plugs, no idea how old they are, the old lady had em done, but god knows how long ago :lol:

doesnt run rough at all..on a cold start, after maybe 30sec of running, it will jump RPM from say 1K to like 1200, which is weird, after a few seconds it will fall back to 1K, pretty weird, other then that, runs fine

Its possible you need to perform the idle learn procedure, if the battery has been disconnected or discharged. There are two ways to do this, one is someone with the GM Scan 1 tool (anyone know where you can get one of these?), or try the procedure in this post: http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/14921-Idle-Relearn-Procedure?highlight=idle+learn

I'm no expert but other possibilities could be needing to clean the throttle body, maybe replace the fuel filter as it might be partially blocked. Check if the idle motor vacuum line (if it has one) is cracked/worn or broken.

Does the car hesitate at all under heavier acceleration?

What is the car/year/motor?

my throttle body is clean as a whistle, fuel filter is a few months old, wheres the idle motor vac line? 95 Lumina, 3.1..runs excellent when gassing, just sometimes runs weird at a light

no, when the fan comes on it doesnt cause it to run weird, it WILL drop the rpms, but not cause it to run different..im gonna see if i can get to the back plugs and take one out to see how it looks, one from the front and one from the back