Sunroof replacement. Just the panel, or the entire assembly?

tornado_735

Well, when I said that the previous owners ran my GP into the ground, I wasn't lying.

Some how, they broke/removed the glass sunroof panel. It wasn't busted out, but the whole panel is just gone.

It appears that they did a number to the tracks in removing it, but the roof is currently sealed up with this super strong tape that Mike gave me, so I can't really go out and have a close look at it.

When I go to fix this eventually, will it be easier for me to replace the panel, or just replace the entire assembly, tracks and all?

If you can come up to my place, you can have the entire sunroof assembly from my TGP. Not sure if its exactly the same as what you have or need, but its your's free of charge.

If I dont go targa top, then im just replacing the damaged roof panel with a non-sunroof unit.

I appreciate that Bob. I'd still like to have a sunroof, so I'll see about taking you up on that if I can get up there soon.

As per our conversation last night (which I completely forgot about until I checked my texts this afternoon; I was dead asleep when my phone beeped to tell me about a missed call) get me the details about what connectors you need, where they're at, etc etc etc.

Sunroof assemblies are easy to pull and cheap enough at the junkyard (when I grabbed the one for the GP not long ago it was $60), I wouldn't mess with trying to fix an obviously screwed up assembly.

I appreciate that Bob. I'd still like to have a sunroof, so I'll see about taking you up on that if I can get up there soon.

As per our conversation last night (which I completely forgot about until I checked my texts this afternoon; I was dead asleep when my phone beeped to tell me about a missed call) get me the details about what connectors you need, where they're at, etc etc etc.

Dont worry aboot the harness. Im gonna do the entire vehicle wiring from scratch so its the way I want it and not a clusterfuck of useless shit.

And yeah, see how soon you can get up here to grab the assembly. I havent removed it yet, but will within a few weeks and it'll get tossed in the dumpster at work immediately unless your hear to get it.

I gotta keep making headway on my car if I want to get it done by summer, and that means making sure I have room in my garage to work so I gotta throw shit away immediately once I pull it if im not gonna use it.

For shits and giggles, I'll cut out as much of the roof panel too that you can have incase you need some sheet metal for something:lol:

5 easy steps to the repair:

1: Find JY donor car with sunroof.

2: Cut off entire roof, and bring home with you.

3: Cut your roof off.

4: Place roof from donor car onto your car.

5: Weld and paint.

Seems simple enough!

5 easy steps to the repair:

1: Find JY donor car with sunroof.

2: Cut off entire roof, and bring home with you.

3: Cut your roof off.

4: Place roof from donor car onto your car.

5: Weld and paint.

Seems simple enough!

What, for me? No, I dont want a sunroof.