My Pile of junk in my drive way

AMP

so my 97 lumina is giving me hell of problems it runs all week and by friday it runs rough then dies and i have to wait an hour or so before it will start i have no idea what is wrong was hoping someone here could help it has the 3.1 in it.:confused:

weak fuel pump? Does it happen when the car is warm? When the car wont start if you press the schrader valve on the fuel rail does liquid or vapor come out??? Vapor would be sure sign of vapor lock from a weak pump or clogged fuel filter.

your alt is getting hot and the battery is staying weak. my guess..

I played two or three songs yesterday full blast on the highway and the radiator fan was keeping the batt from charging because it kept kicking on and its hot out.

pretty soon the fan kicked on in a parking lot idling and it stalled. so I stopped bumping shit on the subwoofer and let it charge. without the fatty charge wire it has I would have been broke down till the alt cooled off completely.

well i am thinking it is the fuel filter or fuel pump but thanks all for the help. oh z34guy i thought it might have been the plugs and wires i changed thous about three weeks-ago so yeah lol.

changed fuel filter and got to replace a hose, my brother wanted to cut the cat off but only got a 2 inch cut in it and quit so it is loud now:think: got some exhaust tape.

Why dont you diagnose the issue first instead of throwing parts at it in hopes of it fixing it? If you suspect you have low fuel pressure or the filter is clogged, check the PSI at the rail. and monitor it to check the FPR. But it almost sound more of a heat soak issue..

• 1 year later...
weak fuel pump? Does it happen when the car is warm? When the car wont start if you press the schrader valve on the fuel rail does liquid or vapor come out??? Vapor would be sure sign of vapor lock from a weak pump or clogged fuel filter.

And the Winner is Crazy K lol, My uncle owns this car as of right know and he replaced the fuel pump and the car is just fine now, who new a fuel pump could last a year and not go out.

And the Winner is Crazy K lol, My uncle owns this car as of right know and he replaced the fuel pump and the car is just fine now, who new a fuel pump could last a year and not go out.

I was going to say that myself. I went through a fuel pump a year in my 3.1 92 GP and finally broke down and bought an AC/Delco. It's been three years since I've had an issue with the fuel pump.