1st Gen floormats?

crazyd

I want a nice set of fitted, logo floormats for my '92 but I haven't found a good quality set. Has anyone found another Pontiac model that would be a close match, like a Solstice or something?

I snagged two sets of front factory mats at the junkyard last weekend, but they don't have logos on them. I wonder if you could have someone just make a logo and sew it on or something?

I want a nice set of fitted, logo floormats for my '92 but I haven't found a good quality set. Has anyone found another Pontiac model that would be a close match, like a Solstice or something?

A few years ago when I built my Cutlass I had the same problem. Beautiful dark grey leather interior, no floor mats.

After no luck at several junk yards, and looking at all the crap at auto parts stores, it hit me; why not go to the dealer? I got factory mats for about $40.00, and they of course fit perfectly. I think it took about 10 days to get them. Give it a try.:biggrin:

Shit...I'm going to search high and low in the junkyards now... $500!

Thanks, I priced out some Lloyd's and they've got their Ultimat grade in graphite for $125. Think I'll go with that, though I really wanted a Pontiac and/or GTP logo but they don't permit it...

Edited by crazyd

Next time I head out I'll look for another set or two for ya :thumbsup: I usually snag them out of cutlasses because the cutouts are the same

Weird, both Cutlasses I have bought didnt have floor mats and every cutlass at our local pick n pull never has floor mats. I was close to just assuming that they werent available for the cutlass lol. Hmm looks like I will be back on the search, assuming I can find one not all molded in our swamp of a junkyard

There were Cutlasses made with BF9 - front mat delete and BF1 - rear mat delete. Maybe 10-12 made with those options per year.

Lloyd's does everything perfectly for Gen 2's. I can get a GTP logo on all 4 mats and I can even get an embroidered trunk mat for a 1997. But, <1997 just offers a retarded Olds Rocket logo and no trunk mat. Anyone know if the '97+ stuff will properly fit a '92? I don't think the floorpan changed all that much.

stockinteriors.com makes a set of custom cut mats for $70 i think. i've seen them(pics) in another member's tgp and they looked good. i'm gonn order a set myself prob in the next couple weeks

Lloyd's does everything perfectly for Gen 2's. I can get a GTP logo on all 4 mats and I can even get an embroidered trunk mat for a 1997. But, <1997 just offers a retarded Olds Rocket logo and no trunk mat. Anyone know if the '97+ stuff will properly fit a '92? I don't think the floorpan changed all that much.

I put the ones from my mom's '01 SPED in my old '96 and they fit pretty well, but not perfect

that's weird...they should be able to do any logo you want, but guess not

I've ordered two sets and both times from usspeed. The good thing about them is they're oversized so they fit much better than the stockers and they're also officially licensed by GM, so no real harm if you want factory. They also come w/ anchors that you screw into the carpet so they don't slide and the backing is much better than stock.

edit: i just checked autoanything.com under 1996 GP and a bunch of logos were available...1992 had the arrowhead only

Edited by pwmin

Thanks Paul, I'm trying to get a call in to Lloyd's to see if they can fix the bug in their ordering system but I haven't been able to find their contact number. None of the vendors seems to know how to contact them nor how to override the logo restriction in their system.