random no start issue

joecutlass

So i replaced the ecm in hopes of fixing this no start issue. Saar, ill be sending you a pcm soon. Randomly, the 95 gp wont start. Battery has a good charge of 12.7 volts. Alrernator charges at 14.some volts, the only thing it does is not start every so often. Give it ten minutes or so and it starta right up. Ive already bypassed the vats system. The keys resistance was .684. I put resistors at .670. That i believe is within the 2% tolerance. Doea anyone have any ideas of what could be the possible issue?

I have both. Turn the key and the starter doesnt turn. Fuel pressure is fine. When it finally starts, it runs fine. Let me elaborate. The issue is turn the key and no crank on the starter. And its very random. The car starts and runs fine. Someone tried to tell me it was the key lock cylinder.

Vats bypass was done less than a month ago and the solder joints are fresh. Plus they were wrapped in heat shrink. Security light does not flash

Could be the actual ignition wire to the starter (purple wire I believe), I had a buddy who had occasional no starts and it ended up being that the nut wasn't threaded on the starter, wire was just sitting there loosely.

Just checked that today at work cause it did it to me again. Its not the starter. When it does it again, ill take a quick video and post it.

If your key has a Computer chip on it, go to the locksmith and get a NEW key asap before that key loses its original coding. If you turn the key and lights turn on but asolutely NO cranking or any noise, and possibly security light on dash flashing, then you have a locked cylinder because of the bad KEY.

How do you know the starter is not the problem?

Just checked that today at work cause it did it to me again. Its not the starter. When it does it again, ill take a quick video and post it.

Ok. Fixed. Purple ignition wire had gone bad. Replaced wire.

Starter is brand new.

The "chipped" key is part of the vats system... Which has been stated a few times, has been bypassed already.

Glad to hear you fixed it intermittent problems are the worst.

Starter is brand new.

The "chipped" key is part of the vats system... Which has been stated a few times, has been bypassed already.

Yes they are. Notk nowing if im going to make it to work everyday gets very annoying. Im having another iasue but i think ive got thia one figured out. If not, ill be sure to post it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When you say gone bad, what do you mean? Had it broken inside somewhere? I am having a similar problem and suspect this wire or a relay/switch. Just trying to gather as much info before I tear it apart.