ACC

Jprice90

did all 95 LS's have ACC? i dont believe mine has it, if it doesnt, thats really stupid :think:..have to keep turning the key forward to put windows up/down, thats just wear on the fuel pump

You have accessories if you turn the key back, but it basically only operates the radio. You have to turn they key forward to operate the windows or sunroof. This is a difference between Ford and GM. On a Ford you can use the windows by turning the key back.

thats stupid lol, my other car (Aurora), when you turned it back, you could do the windows and everything else, even the power seats..my brothers 90 Sierra can even do the windows with it turned back..oh welll..just wanted to see if there was something wrong with it

actually, i can almost guatantee with a single relay that is triggered when the ignition switch is moved to the ACC position, the power windows will operate.

relays are fairly simple to understand once you play with them a few times, but i'll look into it further if you really want the windows to be usable in the accessory position.

did all 95 LS's have ACC? i dont believe mine has it, if it doesnt, thats really stupid :think:..have to keep turning the key forward to put windows up/down, thats just wear on the fuel pump

No, its really not.

i feel your pain, neither the 95MC or 90GP allow the windows to be operated without key in run position.

looking at diagrams now: the power window circuit breaker normally only receives +12V with the key in the run position.

however, a relay that is triggered on by the ignition being in the accessory positon(and there are multiple wires that would allow this), would be able to supply the +12V to the breaker and therefore the switch/motor etc when in accessory OR in run.

easy to explain, difficult to show without pics. :lol:

thats stupid lol, my other car (Aurora), when you turned it back, you could do the windows and everything else, even the power seats..my brothers 90 Sierra can even do the windows with it turned back..oh welll..just wanted to see if there was something wrong with it
Seats are hot at all times just like the locks and mirrors. Windows are the only ones you need a key for.