OK, More turnning the pree into a mut questions...

92turboLE

My 88 and 89's don't have it because it was an 89-1/2 addition according to the Service Manual supplement. 88's won't have it, and my 89 is too old.

I thought for sure being a 90 the TGP should have it, but it doesn't.

The 94 convertible has some busted up white crusty looking stuff in there which might be a badly deteriorated, non-functional keyring light.

On almost every W-body I've seen with the keyring light, it's only on the driver side, but I bought a used Cutlass door handle once that had one in the passenger side. I thought that was kind of interesting.

The stupid keyring lights are $60 to replace!!!

Both my Lumina and Cutlass had the drivers side lights, but the TGP doesn't. That kind of sucks at night with no Keyless entry.. fumbling around for the keyhole, scratching the shit out of the handle. :oops:

The 88-89 lighting and wiper pod switches look completely different than the 90's don't they? I can do the pin changes, that's no big deal. I just thought it'd be cool to have a feature on the car that wasn't offered that year. I just hope I have all the wiring I need, if not, it's gonna be a pain in my ass to do.

My 88 and 89's don't have it because it was an 89-1/2 addition according to the Service Manual supplement.

The stupid keyring lights are $60 to replace!!!

ummm Well Beth's GP SE is an 89 with the 2.8 and was built in 88 and she has the lighted keyrings.. So I dunno about your SM Supplement :?: :?: :? . :arrow: It should be interesting to note that Beth's SE also has the security lighting control too.

ummm Well Beth's GP SE is an 89 with the 2.8 and was built in 88 and she has the lighted keyrings.. So I dunno about your SM Supplement :?: :?: :? . :arrow: It should be interesting to note that Beth's SE also has the security lighting control too.

Are you sure you didn't install them at one point and then forgot? :lol:

Maybe they just didn't show up in Cutlass until 89.5, my supplement is for Cutlass Supreme. I have never seen an actual car that had the keyring lights on both sides even though I know some did.

I don't even know why I care about the keyring light because I have keyless entry and never need to see the key hole. I just think it'd be cool to see them light up at night, especially if I can make them come on when I press UNLOCK on the keyless entry. I've actually thought about drilling the green LED out of them and epoxying a blue LED into the ring. I can come up with all kinds of ideas but never find the time to do any of them.

okay.... what exactly is the point of lights in the door locks? if you have to press the unlock button for them to come on or something... or do they come on when you touch the door?

(personally, I've never had a problem finding the key hole...)

Shawn,

I'm SURE that if you work at it long and hard enough, you would find a way to add the Slivanynia Silverstars with a fiber opitc cable to the lighted keyring holes... Talk about being Lord of the Rings then!!! :lol: :idea:

Hahah! Brightness is not the objective here, just coolness. :)

Actually a 2-color LED in it would be cool too. When the alarm is armed, the keyring blinks red. Then when you disarm, it turns a steady green.

I've got an '89 GP LE, and I've got the lighted keyrings and the security lighting. It's alright, people tell me my lights are on all the time. I like the interior lights coming on when I pull the handle.

They come on when you pull the handle..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I seee now

Actually a 2-color LED in it would be cool too. When the alarm is armed, the keyring blinks red. Then when you disarm, it turns a steady green.

that's be kinda cool... now I'm interested in them, dammit! :lol:

I've driven a 92 Lumina with automatic headlights before, so I know they have them... Is the keyring light just a ring of light around the key hole?

YES... Its a clear plastic ring with a buit in light.

The 88-89 lighting and wiper pod switches look completely different than the 90's don't they? I can do the pin changes, that's no big deal. I just thought it'd be cool to have a feature on the car that wasn't offered that year.

You don't have to go with the '88-'89 switch pods. You could find a '90 headlight switch pod with security lighting. I believe '90 is only year of the '90-'93 style that came with it. They come with or without the foglight switch.

Here's a picture of each (security lighting slider is lower right):

fac9ed50.jpgfac9e0cf.jpg

By the way, my '89 (base model) has security lighting with left & right lighted keyholes. For '89, security lighting came with the lamp group which came with option groups I, II, or III. I believe mine has option group II: tilt, lamp group, cruise, and delay wipers. For '89, the lamp group was standard with the LE or SE model.

hmm i may have alot of things not working on my 90 cutty but my lighted drivers keyhole does work.

cool to see that it was an option for the pass side too.

i would like to fix my issues as well as add the security lighting thing.

i have asked before about auto dim rearview mirror. as i want to do that. but not sure right now as i knocked off my mirror twice in the last year. and my car is not even LOUD yet. car audio competition can do that.

Monty

Bluegp,

Hey, thanks for that infor. I didn't know that the 90 had that SEC lighting Option!!!! .. And Of all the 90's I've seen I have yet to see one with the SEC Lighting on the light switch pod!! Werid eh?

that sounds cool but my cutty dont have the option

kind of interesting

• 3 weeks later...