OK, More turnning the pree into a mut questions...

92turboLE

I have acquired an auto wiper blade setup out of a 99 Cadilac Seville STS that was removed and replaced at the dealership that my brother works at cuz it was thaught to be faulty, but it turns out it was not.... Does anyone know if it might be possible to integrate this into a gen one W-Body???

Also, Did any of the Gen 1 W-Bodys have Auto headlights??? I can get the system out of a 92 Taurus SHO, but if the W-Bodys had them at some point in time, i would rather use that.... i know that it is actually fairly easy to hook up and integrate.

thanks

- Justin

In the "options" book i got with my car, the 92 lumina, it says one of the options for it was automatic headlights. I dont recall what the name is or anything, but if you want, i can look it up for you. Its amazing that this car came with that little book, along with the user manual. I think my car really was a granny car :lol:

John

WTF??? god damnit.... i swear to god im going to start hand delivering these things... i am having so many god damn problems with shipping these fucking things... lemme see whats going on....

- Justin

it should have been there yesterday by 3!!!! ok, im trying to get my old email back cuz my step mother fucked around with the network at work and now it doesnt work and i lost my login... stand by...

- Justin

WTF??? god damnit.... i swear to god im going to start hand delivering these things... i am having so many god damn problems with shipping these fucking things... lemme see whats going on....

- Justin

Thats good. When you come hand deliver them to me, you can pick up that turbo grand prix while in maine too :lol: Why not, you made the trip out here to begin with, might as well go home with a rare car.

John

Justin,

The 88-89 GP's did have an option called the Security lighting control. While it doesn't turn on the headlights at dusk, it did work alot like an alarm system. It featured a interior/exterior lights out delay of up to 2 min. The setting was adjustable via a slider under the headlight pod. And this feature also turned on the interior/exterior lights anytime the outside door handles were used.

Justin,

The 88-89 GP's did have an option called the Security lighting control. While it doesn't turn on the headlights at dusk, it did work alot like an alarm system. It featured a interior/exterior lights out delay of up to 2 min. The setting was adjustable via a slider under the headlight pod. And this feature also turned on the interior/exterior lights anytime the outside door handles were used.

Speaking of security lighting, can anyone get me the wiring diagrams for it? I've got the wired door handles, and I want to add it to the TGP, but I'm not sure if everything is there to do it..

In the "options" book i got with my car, the 92 lumina, it says one of the options for it was automatic headlights. I dont recall what the name is or anything, but if you want, i can look it up for you. Its amazing that this car came with that little book, along with the user manual. I think my car really was a granny car :lol:

John

I think if I read correctly in the manual I had for my '92 Lumina, that was a Canada Only option.

John, for installation, there is one side of the bar that is bent slightly sharper then the other... that is the side that will go on the passenger side. It is bent that way to clear the alternator.

simply unbolt your front bolts on the strut tower cover (one on each side - closest to the front of the car) and place the bar over the studs. The bar is designed to be a tight fit. You WILL have to put one side on, put the bolt in place (loose) and then squeeze the other side on. It should go on fairly easy though. Your rear should show up soon as well that i have included for you for free.

lemme know if you have any other problems.

But again, back on topic, does anyone know if the auto wiper thing and the "twilight sentinle" will work on my GP. I know the wiper thing will require a lot of butchering of wires and testing to get it right if it is somewhat the same system, but the twilight healight deal should be fairly straight foreward, but i dont know if one will work from an SHO. Again, anyone know the years that the GPs came with the auto headlights if they did at all???

thanks

- Justin

Speaking of security lighting, can anyone get me the wiring diagrams for it? I've got the wired door handles, and I want to add it to the TGP, but I'm not sure if everything is there to do it..

Luke,

I have the diagrams but no way to get them online cuz the dammed scanner is F**ked up. :evil: :evil:

You are going to need the rain sensor that goes on the windshield by the rear view mirror.

I Have the Whole Shibang. Everything from the whole system. It was replaced under Warrenty at the dealership that my brother works at so hes like "we thaught it was broken, but it works fine, but we alreay ordered a new one and installed it so you can have it if you want it"

- Justin

Luke,

I have the diagrams but no way to get them online cuz the dammed scanner is F**ked up. :evil: :evil:

Copy em and mail them to me.. :P

Doesn't matter to me, at least I know someone has them, I'll need them this winter when I try to install all of that crap.

Luke,

You telling me that your TGP didn't come with the light door key holes? WTF???

LOL Well All you have to do is wire the org wire to the door warning light in the end of the door... The lights key holes are not run directly to the Security lighting.

To add the security lighting, are you aware that you would need the change both lighting and wiper pods? (To match) PLUS you will need to rearrange some of the PIN's the wires are termintated at cause the PIN number arrangment is different between the 88-89 and the 90.

The 88-89 lighting pod also housing the digital Trip Odometer reset button. FYI

None of my W-bodies have lighted key holes. :(

All 89 or 90+ W-bodies sold in Canada had automatic headlights. The auto headlights were part of the DRL controller.

GM sells an add-on auto headlight/DRL controller for about $40.