driver window off track

Red Nightmare

It still works but pops off the track unless I hold the window a certain way when rolling it up.

Looks like the little tabs on the window broke, is there a way to fix this without having to replace the window or whatever?

It still works but pops off the track unless I hold the window a certain way when rolling it up.

Looks like the little tabs on the window broke, is there a way to fix this without having to replace the window or whatever?

There may be a way, but as far as I know, no one on this site has tried replacing a clip. Just pulled new windows out of junk yard cars that still had them intact.

Just FYI, those clips are only available through vintage parts, the dealers don't stock them and there is no aftermarket clips available. Best bet is finding a window, as said, with the tabs still attached and in good shape.

• 3 weeks later...

is it practical to pul that railing that has the clips off the window? the window itself is in good shape asnd even at a junkyard I don't know if I would want to pay for a whole window

The tabs on the windows aren't that big.... it might look big in relation to where the track is positioned inside the door. I had massive issues with the windows in my 92 coupe going off track all the time. I finally tugged the track itself toward the rear of the door a bit, ergo putting more pressure on the clip and track itself. Haven't had them pop off track since....

• 3 weeks later...

Go to a place that replaces auto glass., they will have the clips there, dam things are only worth 50 cents , they will probably give you one, they did for me. Those clips pop off after spreading them open and you squeeze the new one on. People change them all the time, and they are available at parts stores as I have done them 3 or 4 times. Who would scrap a good window for a 50 cent clip that holds it in the track? You are talking about the black plastic clip that goes in the window track, Correct?. replace them carefully I broke a window one time changing one.

Edited by regalman

We're talking about the actual sides of the window here, you can't clip anything on to it, it's very slick.

On the coupes there are plastic sides to the windows with notches, the notches wear and then there's nothing to hold the window onto the track with.