GTP convertible?

crazyd

I saw this pic ('99 TDM) and got to thinking:

post-2941-14368907149_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ever tried grafting a GTP lower body onto a Cutty convertible? I'm no body expert, but I'd bet the hood, fenders, bumpers, doors & tails would be easy, with the trunklid being the only hard part. I don't have two donors handy, but if I did I'd be all over it.

in the end i dont think it would have the vert kinda look...i mean, the back seats are so far back, the space between the seats looks huge for a vert...idk, it would be awesome to see...but hard to make and might not look how you want it to

[video=youtube;7VRFgWFMiPU]

Gp convertibles can be done, but hopefully not like this.

Thats alot of speakers!! Gotta be some crazy cancelation going on with that many speakers. I gotta apprciate the amount of time and money put into that car. Ugly as it may be.

Thats alot of speakers!! Gotta be some crazy cancelation going on with that many speakers. I gotta apprciate the amount of time and money put into that car. Ugly as it may be.

I don't have to appreciate anything. they put a lot of work and money into ruining a car and making it ugly. I have no problem telling the owner that to their face.

Agreed, that white car really turns my crank too. If I could build the perfect W-body, it would have the pre-airbag '91-'93 GTP interior with either a '91-'93 or '94-96 B4U body on a '95 cutty convertible chassis with either an LQ1 or (moonshot) LS4 and a 284. One day when the W-Body Museum is built, that one will be on a pedestal out in front.

he is on gpf. just a heads up if he sees that he wont be happy.

there was like a 8 page thread on gpf with a lot of people hating on it and then like 2 or 3 months later he joined and the thread was refound. needless to say, he almost left, if it wasnt for me and a few others complimenting how he broke the typical gp mods and went with a vert.

i for one give him mad props for making it look good and a clean job of getting a vert done, sure im not a fan of huge wheels, but to each his own. the sounds? hey if you want to spend the money on the work well thats your deal. hes got some pics and every thing is very cleanly molded and looks flawless

just sayin

[/tangent]

gp94.jpg

Well, if you look at the top of the windshield edge. The line isn't exactly perfect. IIRC that picture has been around a while. I think someone here Photoshopped it, or it may have come from club GP.

he is on gpf. just a heads up if he sees that he wont be happy.

there was like a 8 page thread on gpf with a lot of people hating on it and then like 2 or 3 months later he joined and the thread was refound. needless to say, he almost left, if it wasnt for me and a few others complimenting how he broke the typical gp mods and went with a vert.

i for one give him mad props for making it look good and a clean job of getting a vert done, sure im not a fan of huge wheels, but to each his own. the sounds? hey if you want to spend the money on the work well thats your deal. hes got some pics and every thing is very cleanly molded and looks flawless

just sayin

[/tangent]

You would really want him around? Im sure the DEA has a thousand reason why he should be locked up:thumbsup:

Drugs are bad M'kay:lol: