Replacing trunk lock cylinder on 1st gen?

crazyd

who are you, and where are more pictures of that beautiful car?

EDIT: Nevermind, found them :-3

(sorry, I'm not sure about the lock cylinders )

Edited by Psych0matt

drill out little rivet on the clip below the lock(sometimes you can snap it off with a flat head screwdriver). remove clip. sometimes the clip does not come out because of a little snap tab that jambs, make sure to remove the one from the dead trunk lid first to see what it looks like, if it jambs it often requires a little bending of the hole in the lid that the clip passes through right where the offending tab is. Pull locks out. remove the rivet remains from the hole (usually knocks right in). switch locks. use a screw in the rivet hole. done, unless you want to go up and lubricate the lock while it is out.

Just finished installing it, didn't have to drill anything out. There's a large clip that hooks into place to hold in the cylinder, remarkably easy. Hard part was splicing the wires and getting it aligned with the body. I've had the flimsy luggage rack on mine and never liked it, so this was an upgrade to a 94 SE trunklid & spoiler, vast improvement. Thanks to all!

that is one hot color. Is it factory?

Yeah the lock cylinders are cake. Most time the rivet just pops off and you just slied the clip down enough to pull the cylinder out