Stock 95 vert tires

Steve

I'm just curious, does anybody know what brand tires were on the 95 vert? This car only had 55000 on it & I think they are the stock tires, There about 2 thirds gone & I find it hard to believe that they have been replaced & this wore down. This is what's on it now

Pirelli P225/60 R16 SuperTouring

You might check with Memphisman...his '95 convertible had less than 1,000 miles on it when he bought it last year.

My 95 had the stock 5 spokes with original tires. Just looked at the tires in the attic and those tires are "Michelin XGT H4 Radial X" in size P225/60R 16.

Remember that most likely not all the cars rolled off the line with the same tires. But Michelin or GY were probably the most popular. Pirelli's don't sound like OE equipment to me but who knows.

Of course, since your car only has 55k on it, it is possible that the original owner didn't like the tires that came OE and had them swapped for the Pirelli's early on, and that would explain the wear.

Thanks Guys, I never thought about changing right from the getgo & that makes sense. They have to be fairly old because even though they have some tread they are really age cracking.

or they got dry-rotted as crap and he opted for used 225/60s. my mom bought my 93 in 2004 with 35000 miles on the original Goodyear Eagle GT+4s (IIRC), and they were totally rotted, despite having significant tread. :/

worst part is...mom replaced em with new Uniroyal Tiger Paws...pansy tires! the originals were discontinued.

thanks for the link! found out my 245/50s on my car are manufactured the 6th week of 1998 : o the tires no longer exist..."Dean Stingers" by Dean Rubber Co