My blinkers are flashing "fast and short" is this normal?

Oilpatch197

1992 Buick regal, I've replaced all the lamps in the signal circuit. When I use the signals, they flash slow and don't light up for long. In other words they are off more than they are on... blink.............blink...............blink.:lol:

They flash about once per second, the speed of flashing does not concern me, but they only stay lit for 1/2 a second... I've read about it being a bad flasher, BUT even my hazards do this as well it has it's own flasher.

I would like to increase the duration of each flash, all bulbs are good(not burnt) and it seems to have a good ground. Any Ideals?

as far as I know the flashers are the Originals, that what boggles my mind, both flashers(sig/hazard) do this, hard to believe that both flashers are worn out. :think:

They do wear out over time. I replaced my blinker relay with an electronic one. It was expensive but it's been in there for 3 years without issue.

I would just buy one first and see if it fixes your issue.

IIRC the flashers are both the same so you can try one in each circuit. I didn't bother switching my hazards out yet because I hardly ever use them except when I'm pre-tripping (besides, now that I've gone LED that 4-bulb thermal flasher is fine, considering I've got 4 bulbs and 4 LED's on it :lol: )

Thanks everyone, YES it was the flasher so I replaced it with a "electro-mechanical" unit, I had a choice between the electro-mechancial and a electronic one.

Issue solved. :thumbsup: