GP Jack point

skitchin

I feel ashamed I have to ask, but where should I place the jack/jackstands on my 1995 GP two door? Pictures would be nice as my car vocabulary/knowledge is laughable, obviously.

There should be spots on the rocker panels, where you can put a jack/stand there. That way you can lift it up/support from the sides.

There are, but I don't trust them. If you look at them on the bottom of my car, they are all bent and crushed to hell. I find a safe spot on the subframe or if I'm jacking up the ass end, I find a place that doesn't have any moving parts to pinch and is part of the frame of the car itself rather than take any chances. But then again, I drop the car on stands (if I can get it up high enough!) as soon as I have it in the air, and I support it on both sides.

There are, but I don't trust them. If you look at them on the bottom of my car, they are all bent and crushed to hell.

x2... I tried to jack mine up by the spots on the rockers once, and the spot immediately bent.. When the cars were new I'm sure this was fine, but now that rust and age have come into play, I wouldn't jack it up there unless absolutely necessary...

Huh, that's typically the spot I jack my car up from. I've never had a problem with bending. But my car is from the south and doesn't have rust.

On rusted W's I jack on the forward most trailing arm mount. If that bends / breaks well your car is a POS.

Huh, that's typically the spot I jack my car up from. I've never had a problem with bending. But my car is from the south and doesn't have rust.

Keep in mind that verts have reinforced rockers and normal W's don't have the nice built in rear jackpoints that the verts have.