2002 buick regal cruise control problems, please help

duhironbrew

hi all, i have a 2002 buick regal ls, 3.8l. for awhile the cruise conrtol light on the dash would come on and the cruise control and a/c would not work. sometimes i could turn the a/c knob back and forth and it would come on, the cruise light would go off, then would work normally. it was intermittent like that for a while. then there was no problem for a couple of months. now it's like that all the time. i've checked the fuses, disconnected the battery. i've looked for loose or broken vacuum lines, i can't see anything wrong. can anyone help me

the cruise light in the dash comes on and the cruise control and a/c will not work. it was intermittent, happening only once in a while. i would turn the a/c knob back and forth and most of the time (but not always) the air would come on the cruise light would go out, then it work properly. sometimes turning the knob didn't work, but after a bit the air would come on by itself (when i left it in the on position). This happened sometimes once or twice a week, sometimes not for a couple of months. then two weeks ago it happened and hasn't worked since. now that it's getting hot, i have no a/c or cruise control. the heater does not blow. the rear window defroster doesn't work. the a/c light does not come on. i checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood, none are blown. i can't find any loose or broken wires or vacuum lines under the hood. my next step will be check behind the dash. has anyone ever heard of something like this? i don't know why the a/c and the cruise control would be connected. i like ( or liked ) this car, and can't afford to get another one right now. if anyone knows anything about it, or even where to start please help me. i'm baffled.:confused:

I would say look at some wiring schematics to see if they are all related or on the same circuit and go from there. If they are, follow the wires and see if you can find the culprit. In my truck, when I got it from my dad the clock, lighter, horn, and dome light didn't work. Turns out the wrong bulb was in the dome light and they wouldn't work. Wouldn't have known that without looking at some wiring, so that'd be the best place to start!

I merged both of your threads. In the future, please do not start another topic about the same problem.

When checking for loose wires and such, don't forget to look at connectors. Sometimes pins in them can be loose causing a poor connection. Also, you might want to state which trim level your Regal has and/or what version of ac it uses(auto or manual climate control).

Edited by mfewtrail

Also, if you look in a schematic, you might find if something else doesn't work that you don't use very often, which could also be the culprit.