Spectrum

I'm thinking about selling my 1997 Lumina LTZ or trading it in, but no sure about what to really ask for it.

I'm the second owner, bought it 8/2006 with 66k miles. It has 99k miles now. No accidents and a clean title. Torch red exterior with grey cloth interior. Paint is great, 1 door ding on each door on the passenger side and some dents in the hood from someone climbing on it. Two small rusts spots on the corners of the front fenders, but otherwise rust free. Car has the 3100 engine. New alternator, battery, serpentine belt and tensioner in April 11, new windshield in December 10, new throttle cable in March 11, new brake pads and rotors in May 11. Airbag light comes and goes. Car is basically stock, just tinted windows and Infinity speakers installed.

KBB says $2920 for excellent, $2670 for good condition, private party. I'm wondering if I can actually expect this... Anyone sell anything similar recently?

Here in Houston, you'd be looking at somewhere around 2000 if your AC works great adn tires are decent. You've done a lot of upkeep and if you can convince a buyer that's worth something, you will have a sale. I sold a 200k '98 Olds Silo minivan for about 1900, had great aquatreads, brakes, basically everything that broke I fixed and new radiator, w/pump. I used Mobil 1 and did regular servicing, the thing did not burn oil, ran like a top and had good AC, but was rough on inside carpets (kid hauler) and windsheild had a ding, etc. I included service manual set of 3 books and figure we both got a square deal.