How do i get a new moon roof?

Drummer

All this damn rainy weather is making my moon roof leak like crazy and it's starting to get annoying. Is there any way i could replace the weather stripping or could I still buy a new moon roof?

I know it sounds dumb, and I don't intend for that, but have you checked to make sure the drain tubes are not plugged? I know a lot of times especially when crap falls off the trees in the spring time they can clog up easily.

Well it only does it when it rains really hard. and i can hear the tube make noise when i put the windows down like a gurgling noise which to me means that air is going through and exiting the tubes.

Hmmm...well I really have no idea what I'm talking about, so I probably shouldn't add to this. But I wonder if there's just so much water that the tubes can't handle it, and it backs up? Again, I have no idea...now I'm just throwing out guesses. I suppose I should let someone with more knowledge on the matter help...

even in the worst of rain my grand prixs roof rarely leaks and my weatherstrip is not so good, i'd start by making sure your drain tubes are not clogged up.

even in the worst of rain my grand prixs roof rarely leaks and my weatherstrip is not so good, i'd start by making sure your drain tubes are not clogged up.

I agree 90 percent of these leaks are caused by clogged or inefficiently draining drain tubes. your sunroof is designed to leak and then drain if it dont drain fast enough--- gurgling does nt sound like efficient draining--- it will fill the trough and leak or overflow.

These tubes are the first and most important thing to check. next check for rust holes in the roof anywhere at all as water takes funny paths once it finds its way in. hope this helps and good luck.

I asked what side because if it's on the passenger floor it could also be the weather stripping under the front cowling. Mine slipped off as the snow was melting and left a nice puddle on my floor. It's easy to clean just annoying.

my floor is pretty dry, only reason why it's a little damp is because of my moonroof leaking. Mine is leaking on the drivers side for some reason depending how i park. If i park on a flat surface i will get soaked when driving, but if i park on a hill i don't, mostly because it's draining through the tubes. This is happening on my 93 Grand Prix.

Try running a hose on the top of the roof and see if you can tell where the leak is coming from. FWIW you usually need to buy the entire sunroof assembly from the dealer. They won't sell you just the weatherstripping.

Either the leak isn't from the sunroof or you have at least a partially clogged sunroof drain or two. The glass seal is not meant to keep out water. That's the reason for the channels and drain tubes. They should be able to drain out water really quickly. If it's only dripping or slowly leaking out it's clogged up.

Edited by jman093

Yeah, there have been many people on my HHR forum complaining of leaking sunroofs, and a lot of times it's a clogged drain tube. Either that or the lazy people at the factory forgot to put them in. (That happened to my friend...:lol:)

Try taking that pipe cleaner, you know that shit you played with in 3rd grade and bent and made shapes with, and stick that up it. Don't start from the top at the sunroof or you're liable to just pack the shit in there tighter.