Mweigl

I recently purchased a '93 Z34 with 177,xxx mileage as an economical alternative to my truck. I spent $600 on the car knowing that it needed driver's side window track, and an alternator. I replaced the alternator and did some general maintenance (plugs, wires, oil, fuel and tranny, vale and upper intake gaskets). But now the car has a miss. So my questions are this...

Anyone know a cheap place for window tracks, or another vehicle I can take them from?

Any ideas on what is causing the miss and rough idle?

And finally due to the excellent condition of the body.....If I choose to do a 3800 motor swap what vehicles can I take the motor from?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

As a note, the motor had a miss in it when I bought it. However, the wrong spark plugs were used and the wires were not in the right position. New wires and iridium plugs were used.

Coil packs ohm out good? Check the gaps on plugs,. To get the window stuff go to a junk yard. If your going to do a 3800 swap put the l67 in it (3800 Supercharged v6) lots of aftermarket, U will need to find a 1997-2002 GTP or Grand prix for the normal 2800 or Buick Regal. Then get a 1998 Monte carlo PCM. wireing harness and splice some wires re pin put it in the car. and wala.

Plugs are gapped according to manual. No luck at all with the window tracks at the junkyard. haven't checked the coil packs. For the swap was considering using a grand prix by changing the computer, engine and transmission out.

Why does the window need a track? Does it currently have one and it just keeps coming out? If this is the case, then it isn't the track. There's a little plastic clip on the window that wears down overtime, causing the window to not like being in the track any more. The fix for this is replacing the window with a new one (junkyard) that still has the clip in place. This is a common problem on the 1st gen coupes (my driver's side window is out of a 90 TGP).

I had a Grand Am with this problem once, bought the little plastic clip at a dealer for about $3.00.

Be sure to follow the instructions-mine said to soad the clip in water for a while, which slightly softened the clip, making it easier to install in the track.

I had a Grand Am with this problem once, bought the little plastic clip at a dealer for about $3.00.

Be sure to follow the instructions-mine said to soad the clip in water for a while, which slightly softened the clip, making it easier to install in the track.

As far as I know, there is no way to replace the clips on our windows. I know that Dorman makes various GM window clips (in the "HELP!" section), but I think the problem is that there is no way to remove the old ones from our windows.

Haven't torn the door apart to check the rest of the track system or bottom clip yet, but the rear window track has been screwed up...as in they had it partially ripped out of the door, and is somewhat folded over the outside of the door