Door problems on a 93 convert.

calebj06

Well crazy K is already helping me a little on this but i though i would post it here for some help as well. I have a 93 cutty convertable and am having drivers side door problems. Broke the handle, had it replaced. Then it wouldnt work and had to adjust it, then after a few days neither handle would work. Got a screw driver down in the door and got it open and now it is bungeed shut. I had it working and then when i locked and un locked it it bound up again. Only what the latch will work is if i push WAY down on the outside rod. I get nothing but a poping sound from the inside latch. I cant find a latch anywhere!!! Book says latch is for 93 only. Do i have to drill out the rivets to get the latch out to try and work on it??

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks

my 1995 Used to mess up and shove the lock/latch weird and cause the door not to close. did it once every few months. In fact most all of my old cutty/gp's did I just got a screw driver and knocked it out.. try Spraying the shot out of it with some white grease.