DIC compass question

9lumina6

How do you calibrate the compass on the DIC for the 91 GTP?? I'm driving around and it randomly beeps at me every now and then telling me to recalibrate it.....:think:

Its been a while , but go to a parking lot. Press Calibrate, (DIC reads "CALIBRAT") drive around slowly in tight circles until the DIC reads "CALSET"

IIRC......

Its been a while , but go to a parking lot. Press Calibrate, (DIC reads "CALIBRAT") drive around slowly in tight circles until the DIC reads "CALSET"

IIRC......

Ahh ok. Thanks! I remember my mom having to do that with her 2000 Grand Caravan Sport when she got it brand new.

Yup.... making myself look like a drunk in a parking lot did the trick! I dd however have to do it twice.... because the first time I had the car pointed due north... an then pushed the north button then calibrate....but the compass was off...so the 2nd tme I pointed the car NNW and then did the process over again and it's perfict now.