Typical A/C Question

dodgethis

the relay apart and Kick it on manually. That tells you if the clutch is good or not Sometimes i was always told to kick the AC clutch on manually to keep it even.

How would you go about that, is the relay in the fuse box in the engine compartment? :dunce:

should be underhood.

on the 95 MC, there are 2 "electrical centers", the A/C relay was in the passenger side one IIRC. i imagine yours will be similar if not identical.

should be underhood.

on the 95 MC, there are 2 "electrical centers", the A/C relay was in the passenger side one IIRC. i imagine yours will be similar if not identical.

Take the relay out, and bridge the connection with a wire, to make it turn on? ::)

I'm confused, why would I need to jumper off my ac clutch when I know for a fact that the compressor is running. The whole point of manually turning on the clutch is to get the compressor to come on correct? I verified that it does turn, and not confusing it when what it does when it acts as a pully for ther serpentine belt (clutch off)

The compressor has a switch in it. If it does not have so much a/c in it.. it will not kick on, Sometimes If you jump the relay it will say oh Hey thanks for the kick start. ill work from now on. I had to do it on alot of cars.

The compressor has a switch in it. If it does not have so much a/c in it.. it will not kick on, Sometimes If you jump the relay it will say oh Hey thanks for the kick start. ill work from now on. I had to do it on alot of cars

Thanks for the input Addicted, sorry i questioned. I am going to dance if i find out its something that simple.

Well just pulled the relay out, and replaced it with a wire, and the clutch does come on. I have ruled out that the relay does work in fact. The clutch still engaged even before i pulled the relay out to test. The pressures are still the same as i last reported. :roll: Anyone have any suggestions?