Few questions about some issues i need to fix.

SrMichi

Hello everyone i some small issues I want to take care off.

1. I have a serious rust problem on the black metal thing in the between the front window the hood, The part where the wipers sit. Can it be removed and painted?

2. Headlights are yellow I bought one of those headlight restore kits and I already grind off those nipples. Can I remove the headlights for easy sanding?

3. Other day I notice while changing the oil that the brake lines are kinda loosing their coating on the top part. Now on my first lumina those lines were rusted and one of the busted while braking while driving in the city. Lucky for me I was able to stop with handbrake before going into a intersection. So can I use something on them to coat them again?

Thats about it I guess thanks in advance for replies.

1. Yes, easily. Just 4 or 5 small screws/bolts hold it on. It's amazing how hitting that piece with a fresh coat of black paint will improve the car's looks. Do some sanding on it before you paint it. You don't have to sand off all the old paint, but if it's scruffed up real well your new paint won't flake off.

2. Why remove it. They can be easily sanded on the car. And you will find that you will probably need to do this once or twice a year as they will degrade again after awhile. You also don't need to buy a kit to do this. Start with like 1000/1500 grit paper in water with a small amount of dish soap and finish with 2000 and then hit with buffing compound on a buffing wheel. Makes them look like new.

3. If they look like they are rusting out I'd just replace them.

3... Lumina with handbrake? wut?

Although the lines are starting to look bad, I would take the time to inspect them stem to stern and then oil coat them with pb blaster, grease, or even better.... silicone grease. stop rust in it's tracks for now.

2. Headlights are yellow I bought one of those headlight restore kits and I already grind off those nipples.

Why would you do that? The little nipples exist so that there's a flat surface to attach headlight aiming equipment.

3... Lumina with handbrake? wut?

Although the lines are starting to look bad, I would take the time to inspect them stem to stern and then oil coat them with pb blaster, grease, or even better.... silicone grease. stop rust in it's tracks for now.

I mean footbrake or emergency brake. I'll take a pic to show you guys.

Why would you do that? The little nipples exist so that there's a flat surface to attach headlight aiming equipment.

I thought ppl don't use those things anymore.

sure.

some(most?) clearcoat actually blocks UV, which will prevent them from yellowing ever again.

it also will allow for a VERY smooth and clear surface, which helps with lighting.