Door handle problem *continued*

gpchris

Some of you may remember my door handle thread about a month ago but for those who don't I've been having a problem with my drivers side door. Sometimes it just won't open. Neither of the door handles work. It's just stuck. So just today I replaced the latch assembly. It worked great all day until I plugged in the power door actuator. Right when I hit unlock on my keyless entry it froze! I had to use an extension in the door panel to manually unlatch the door (pain in my fucking ass). So I unplugged the actuator and now it seems to be working fine. I don't get it. The actuator moves the rod in the same motion I do when I push the button or turn the key. Why does it fuck my car up?? My actuator does sound terrible but could it really be causing all my problems?

Perhaps. Do the doors fully lock and unlock when done so manually. It might not be the actuator that's the problem. Might be the linkages. Also check if the door handle adjusted too far that it's preloading the latch. Doors won't unlock fully if the latch is being pulled even slightly, thus the door won't open. If you have neither problem I'd think something has to be effed with the actuator.