92 Cutlass Climate Control Blender Door

ajsfirehawk

Does anyone have the schematics for the control voltages on the blender door controls? Or a pin out chart? I only get cold air regardless of how hot I set the automatic climate control.

I've got the underside of the dash removed and most of the duct work so I can see the heating an cooling cores. Vacuum side of everything works as does the cruise control. So I can send cold air to the defrosters, the floor, bi-level, that is working, but it is always cold/outside air.

I see the motor that controls the blender door, but I don't want to stick my power probe on there, hit it with 12V trying to manually operate it, and find out it is 5V control voltages and blow the IC board. Thoughts?

Edited by ajsfirehawk

likely to be a bad blend door motor. they fail. look on the right side of the box for a motor that had a simple plug coming out. it should be held in with two 7mm bolts. remove bolts and see if the motor passes though it's full range from hot to cold....

then report back...

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was even 'going to fart in my general direction'. I've got the duct work out, I'm looking at the motor, do you know if it is operated by 12V? I've got a power probe and can easily apply power to it but don't want to burn it up if it is a low voltage servo

Edited by ajsfirehawk

in case you are still playing with it... You can see the motor run it's full range by turning the temp control to max in both directions. You should see a small gray metal gear sticking out of the unti slightly and it has notches. The range of the unit is a full 1/4 turn, and max is in both directions is basically a 45degree angle from vertical. If you have full range, the unit is "good enough"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Crazy K! I was derailed, had to put a full clutch kit and master/slave hydraulic ram kit in my Dad's Firehawk. I'm headed back into the garage to tackle this one over the Memorial day weekend