vibrations at 50 mph

anton74

I feel a strong vibration while driving 80 km/h (50 mph). The vibration almost disappears at 100 km/h. The cars does it for several months and recently it became worse. No vibrations or misfiring at idle. The spark plugs, wires, fuel regulator,fuel filter, intake manifold gasket are new. I changed the lower engine mount since the original one was worn - no effect on vibrations. Tires are new and balanced. What could be the source of vibration?

Anton.

Sounds suspension related, possibly a bad tie rod or ball joint. Could also be a bent rim, belt that shifted in a tire, or also a mis-balanced tire. Might need to get the tires roadforced to see if one is off?

Yes, I suspect the tie rod too. It is weird but I drove the car today and did not notice any vibration. I will probably bring it to the shop and let the mechanic check it.

if its in the wheel. thow the spare on and see if that makes it go away. switch sides if it does not. if it does the the tire is the problem.