Got a chance to buy a 99 Regal GS-is it worth it?

95 vert

This car has 160k on it with a toasted L67, so it's gonna need an engine. Trans has about 2k miles on rebuild. Interior is decent, exterior has minor hail on hood. No rust or major damage. Loaded with options and the guy says all works good including the A/C. This guy has replaced all window motors, struts, most engine sensors, the list goes on and on. He's got a folder full of receipts. I can get the car for 700.

Just wondering if you guys think it would be worth it.

Sorry, I didn't get any pics (didn't bring my camera)

Thanks for any input.

Update-I was supposed to go pick the car up this morning. Guy called me and said he sold it for more to someone else. I

hadn't given him a deposit to hold it so this thread is worthless at this point.:shrug:

That sucks.That would've been a good deal. I've got a 2K GS and I picked it up for 600 with 112,000 miles on it.The guage cluster didnt work but when I resoldered the resistors thats what is showed.Bodys in decent shape.The powersteering pump locked up due to a leak in the Rack and pinion,RR passenger window regulators cable came off, the #5 cyclinder connecting rod blew apart,6x9's in the rear had no cones left in them.Regulator cost me 30$,speakers 100$ for the 4" and 6x9's.I bypassed the PS pump, and bought a 60,000 mile complete l67 for 750.00. Im driving around a happy man now.Cost me less than 1600 to get it up and running again.I could turn it around but since I did all the work myself, its become part of me.